UK amongst most interested in a Hollywood smile finds ExpressDentist.com research
• The USA is the country most concerned about its teeth aesthetic with 960,000 annual online searches for teeth whitening alone
• In second place, the UK Googles teeth whitening 576,000 times a year
• Ranking in third is Turkey as citizens search online for teeth whitening 396,000 annually
• The countries most content with their teeth are Iceland and Malta with only 1,800 online searches per year for each country
• The 50 countries surveyed collectively search online 4,541,400 times a year for teeth whitening
Hollywood, a symbol of stardom and glamour, is everywhere in the media. We’ve all been exposed to society’s changing beauty standards, but one simple and constant yet effective way of achieving a Hollywood look is with a bright smile.
Intrigued in finding out who is most interested in having a Hollywood smile, dental experts, ExpressDentist.com, utilised online analytics tool Ahrefs to discover which countries in the world are most interested in teeth whitening.
Home to Hollywood and the leading country most interested in teeth whitening is the USA. Every year, there are 960,000 online searches - the equivalent of 2,630 searches a day!
Following in second is the UK with 576,000 online searches annually for “teeth whitening” alone. As 48% of British citizens plan to receive cosmetic dental work and OnBuy.com’s research indicating that the top asked question regarding UK citizens is “why do British people have bad teeth?”, it’s obvious why the UK achieves second place.
The third country most concerned with teeth whitening is Turkey – 396,000 online searches yearly. Turkey is a major player in the cosmetic service and surgery market so it’s no surprise its residents want to attain bright teeth like their tourist counterparts.
The countries most content with their teeth and smile are Iceland and Malta. These countries search online for “teeth whitening” 1,800 per year - almost five times per day.
ExpressDentist.com revealed that in joint second place are Georgia and Lithuania with 3,000 annual online searches each.
1. ExpressDentist.com compiled a list of global countries to analyse and then translated the term for “teeth whitening” in each country’s respective language using a reliable translating tool.
2. ExpressDentist.com partnered with Ahrefs to discover each country’s monthly results using the respective translation term.
3. Results were then multiplied to retrieve an average annual figure and the top 50 countries were subsequently ranked.
4. All data was collected at the end of April 2021 and is correct as of then.
Photo credit: Aleksandr Rybalko / Shutterstock