British Orthodontic Conference – Early Bird discount
The organisers of the British Orthodontic Conference promise: “Something for everyone with an interest in orthodontics,” as, they say: “You would expect from the largest event for UK dental professionals with an orthodontic inclination.”
This year’s theme is “Looking Ahead”, and 2019 celebrates the 25th anniversary of the British Orthodontic Society so there will be much to look forward to at the SEC in Glasgow between the 19-21 September. Those who book before the 30th June will get an early bird discount.
Attendees will see a line-up of internationally renowned speakers, including:
• Delivering the prestigious Northcroft memorial lecture will be Professor Greg Huang from Washington State University, who speak on ‘Results from the NDPBRN Adult Anterior Open-bite Study’.
• Jay Bowman from the US will be covering two sessions – ‘Uno, Dos, Tres: All miniscrews in one place (mostly); and ‘Drastic Plastic: Improving the predictability of clear aligners’.
• Peter Miles from Australia will be presenting about ‘The agony and ecstasy of Invisalign’.
• Former MP Lembit Opik will be alongside Michael Millwaters discussing his orthognathic case and experience
• There is also a pre-conference course programme on the 18th September which boasts Professor Susan Cunningham, Justin Shute and Professor Tim Newton speaking on the Psychology of Orthodontics, while Hilary Bekker and Sophy Barber tackle that knotty problem – Decision Making.
2019 also offers a diverse programme with parallel sessions on ‘Driving Your Private Practice’ and advice for those considering a career in orthodontics – as well as a comprehensive programme for DCPs.
The popular TED talks are scheduled for Saturday and will address a broad range of topics which will be of interest to every member of the orthodontic team. The talks will offer insights into digital workflows, working with corporates as well as “scattering some excellent clinical pearls”.
The BOC social programme always proves popular and the 2019 Gala is being held at the Glasgow Science Centre – claimed as a “venue with a difference”. The Crowne Plaza will be hosting the exclusive banquet and there will be plenty of opportunities for those wishing to see the sights and heritage of Scotland’s largest city; complimentary bike hire and tours have been arranged.
David Waring, Chair of the British Orthodontic Conference Committee enthused: “In my first year as Chair, I am delighted to welcome a host of renowned international and UK speakers. We have a pre-conference course on the Psychology of Orthodontics and Decision Making, two parallel sessions, a DCP programme and excellent social events for which the BOC has become famous.
“We feel that we have something for everyone at this year’s conference and we look forward to welcoming you all.”
Go to www.bos.org.uk now and take advantage of the Early Bird discount – book by 30th June.