Free REGENERATE™ CPD lecture and starter kit on Stand M68 during British Dental Conference and Dentistry Show
Enamel erosion is increasing in prevalence and incidence and affects people of all ages. A recent study showed that in the UK, 54% of young adults (aged 18-35 years) have signs of enamel erosion .
Enamel erosion is a cumulative process triggered by repeated acid attacks, attributed to an increase in the consumption of fruit teas, fizzy drinks, sports drinks, fruits and juices, vinegar-based dressings, wines and cocktails.
This daily assault on the teeth is most common in the younger generation who frequently consume acidic foods and drinks throughout the day.
Dental professionals now have an effective product to counter this growing challenge. After conducting a Basic Erosive Wear Examination (BEWE) to determine a patient’s risk score for erosive wear in the surgery, clinicians can recommend REGENERATE™ Advanced Enamel Serum and Advanced Toothpaste to kick-start a preventative regime against further acid damage.
Inspired by bone repair research, NR-5™ technology contains two unique ingredients – calcium silicate and sodium phosphate salts – which combine to form a fresh supply of enamel minerals, wrapping and integrating onto the teeth . Studies showed that the REGENERATE Enamel Science system can help reverse early signs of enamel erosion *. It is proven to recover surface microhardness by 82% following three days of use (in-vitro) .**
It is clinically proven to provide superior re-hardening of acid-softened enamel in-situ after three days compared with standard fluoride toothpaste .***
REGENERATE Enamel Science is also proven to provide superior protection against enamel erosion, offering two times greater protection from erosion than a fluoride-only toothpaste .****
Example and sample
Twice an hour on Stand M68 during the British Dental Conference and Dentistry Show at the NEC (18-19 May) dental professionals keen to learn more about enamel erosion will be able to attend a free 20-minute CPD lecture. On completion they will receive a REGENERATE Advanced Enamel Serum and Advanced toothpaste starter kit, and a CPD certificate which can be downloaded from Healthcare Learning website post-event.
For more information visit Stand M68 at The Dentistry Show
1. Bartlett DB et al. Prevalence of toothwear on buccal and lingual tooth surfaces and possible risk factors in young European adults. J Dent. 2013; 41; 1007-1013.
2. Sun Y, Li X, Deng Y, Sun JN, Tao D, Chen H, Hu Q, Liu R, Liu W, Feng X, Wang J, Carvell M, Joiner A. Mode of action studies on the formation of enamel minerals from a novel toothpaste containing calcium silicate and sodium phosphate salts. Journal of Dentistry 2014; 42 (Suppl 1): S30-8.
3. Hornby K, Ricketts SR, Philpotts CJ, Joiner A, Schemehorn B, Willson R. Enhanced enamel benefits from a novel toothpaste and dual phase gel containing calcium silicate and sodium phosphate salts. Journal of Dentistry 2014; 42 (Suppl 1): S39-45.
4. Joiner A, et al. Remineralisation effect of a dual-phase calcium silicate/phosphate gel combined with calcium silicate/phosphate toothpaste on acid-challenged enamel in situ. J Dent 2014; 42(S1): S53-S59.
5. Wood N, J, Jones SB, Chapman N et al. Dent Mater 2017
* Based on an in-vitro test measuring enamel surface microhardness after three days’ combined use of Advanced Toothpaste and Advanced Enamel Serum.
** Acts on early invisible stages of enamel erosion. Helps to regenerate enamel by restoring its mineral content and microhardness with regular use. Clinically proven.
*** Based on an in-situ test of combined use of Advanced Toothpaste and Advanced Serum. Effect compared with calcium silicate toothpaste, standard fluoride toothpaste and non-fluoride toothpaste
**** Based on an in-vitro test measuring enamel surface microhardness after seven days use of Advanced Toothpaste and Advanced Serum and four daily acid challenges.